Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I recieved a dischage, but am still recieving mailings from

I recieved a dischage, but am still recieving mailings from my mortgage company, the most recent one yesterday, information me that my account is still deliquent and is being turned over to some law firm and is going into foreclosuer.. do i need to contact this law frim and alert them to my discharge?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 6 years ago.
You can if you wish. If you were surrendering the home, you are entitled to certain notices of foreclosure as the property owner etc. The foreclosure transfers title. The bankruptcy discharged the debt. You can call to confirm that they received the bankruptcy notice. If not, you can have your attorney contact them with the information. They can no longer collect on the balance, only foreclose. So, technically they would be in violation if you did not reaffirm the debt in your bankruptcy case. Good luck