How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am turning over my 2009 return to thetrustee but I also found

Resolved Question:

I am turning over my 2009 return to thetrustee but I also found out after the meeting of creditors that my taxes for 2008was wrong and i amended the return and found that I am getting money back for 2008- Does the trustee get that also?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately unless your refund falls within your exemption you will need to turn it over to the trustee.
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you