WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Hello. Simple question. Hope its a simple answer. Thinking

Customer Question

Hello. Simple question. Hope its a simple answer. Thinking about filing chapter 13. Dept is AMX about 28,000 and my home. Don't want to lose it. Owe 620,000. Have a car loan but it's in my wifes name. The home loan is just in my name. Tried to modify but for some reason they keep saying i don't pass this test. I think they are just being jerks. Will filing help me keep my home?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.

a chapter 13 can help save your home, and if your equity is little wipe out most of the AMX debt. A chapter 7 would completely wipe out your credit card debts, but you have to have no equity in the property, and pass the means test.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have about 300,000 in equity. So i guess they pay AMX from that? But how then do they come up with my monthly home payment?
the chapter 13, will be hard, but the court would allow you to pay the AMX over 60 months in a payment plan. Your home payment would be the same.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok. thanks.