WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I filled for a chapter 13 bankruptcy in October. I already

Customer Question

I filled for a chapter 13 bankruptcy in October. I already went to court and have taken all my certifications my lawyer secretary informed me she received it. I just received a order closing case without discharge. My lawyer did not submit my certificate to the courts. He will not return my phone calls or e-mails can I go to the courts and file an appeal. Do I have to pay another lawyer to re-file? ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
you may have to, but the first lawyer could be held liable for malpractice, also you may be able to file the certificate in Court late, and file a motion to reopen the first case, which if granted would save you the time to refile.