Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

Hello. We are working on a Chapter 7 Pro Se. There is an

Customer Question

We are working on a Chapter 7 Pro Se. There is an Objection to Chapter 7 discharge that we are working on. At this point we are being asked to file our 'Notice of Initial Disclosure' and are not certain what is required.

Can you please help define 'Notice of Initial Disclosure'

Thank you, Nance
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
who is objecting and why
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'll do my best to fill you in...
It is a creditor (actually an individual that had a judgment against us for a personal promissory note of 25k). The Plaintiffs claim is that we failed to disclose their debt in our filing. The fact is it was testified to the trustee by the attorney that filed our 7 that it was a clerical error and that he would correct the error and it was corrected - without requiring any addition info from us as we had provided it upon our initial meeting. Actually, the Plaintiff's name was listed - the amount was the only incorrect info. There was absolutely no intent to conceal the info and no proof of intent to conceal.
The Judge that heard the Motion for Default Judgment scolded the Plaintiffs Attorney for their actions - We understand it's extremely odd for this to be filed. The Plaintiff has unlimited funds and is harassing us, basically.

Sorry, hard to explain briefly - please let me know if you need any additional info.

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
So you are involved in an adversarial proceeding?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes that is correct.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
I am going to opt out. I believe that advice on an adversarial proceeding is beyond the scope of my ability to properly answer you on this forum. Another expert may assist you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How is the question released back to other experts?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do we need to ask our question again? It is showing that we have a reply...