How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been sued by a collection agency junk debt buyer. I

Resolved Question:

I have been sued by a collection agency junk debt buyer. I do not have a job and am waiting for a unemplyment response. Is it possible to file bankruptcy without any money up front until I get my unemplyment benefits?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

you may be able to find an attorney who will work out a payment plan for you. However you can file a chapter 7 bankruptcy and obtain a discharge of your debts even after a judgment is entered against you by the debt collection company
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you