socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

my chapt. 7 case was discharged end of Oct 2009. i have to

my chapt. 7 case was discharged end of Oct 2009. i have to pay an outstanding balance for assets that were exceeding the accepted amount. A letter was sent to the creditors to file a claim by end of Dec 2009. i have not received the written contract or anything from the trustee yet. My question long before i have to come up with the money expected after the creditors deadline was set if i have not received the contract yet?

If there was an order to file a claim by year end, then it's up to the creditors to push the trustee to get the money from you. If no one does anything, and a year or so goes by, you can request that the court dismiss all the claims on grounds of "Laches," which means that the creditors and the trustee failed to enforce their rights and you were prejudiced because you have spent the money elsewhere, so the court should refuse to enforce the additional claims.

So, you may want to consider letting "sleeping dogs lie."

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you!!!
Yep. Nite.