WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

should I declare bankruptcy i will be moving to thailand

should I declare bankruptcy? i will be moving to thailand soon but i can't afford to pay for the attorney fees to declare bankruptcy. should i even do it? they repossed a truck under my name and i have a timeshare. what are the chances that they, or the credit cards I owe on, will sue me? when, if, do credit card companies and car companies simply write off everything as a loss? i have to "co-signors" on both the car as well as the timeshare...
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
will you keep any accounts open in the USA. Or plan on comming back here?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will have no bank accounts in the U.S. I plan on only coming back to visit until, I don't know, I'm 50 or so. but my wife will have a bank account open. She's not liable is she?
In community property jurisdictions such as California, both halves of the community property comes into the estate: all of the community property is available to pay community creditors, they can sue your wife, so in that case a bankruptcy would be a good option as they cannot come after the spouse.hen one spouse files bankruptcy in a community property state, the marital community enjoys the protection of the filing spouse's bankruptcy discharge. Section 524 of the Bankruptcy Code provides that any community property that the filing spouse and the non filer acquire after the bankrutpcy is protected from creditors of the non filer who held a claim against the non filing spouse as of the date of the filing.