Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

how can I claim bankrupt, with out lossing my house

how can I claim bankrupt, with out lossing my house?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.

Depending on your income and the median income in your area, you may qualify for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If you do, then you can have the credit card debts wiped out and keep you home and your home mortgage in tact by reaffirming the home loan with the lender and informing the bankruptcy court of your decision to do so before your bankruptcy is completed.

If you do not qualify for a chapter 7, then you can do essentially the same thing uder a chapter 13, but here you will have a payment plan to pay back some of the credit card debt based on your income.

Please click "Accept" so that I can get credit for this answer. We can continue our conversation after that at no additional charge.