nathanmoorelaw
nathanmoorelaw,
11217539

We had a discharge chapter 7 on 12/07. I had requested that

Customer Question

We had a discharge chapter 7 on 12/07. I had requested that the mortgage of our house not be included in the bankrupcy and did not know that it was included until much later so I continued to ;make payments on the mortgage but now find during credit report findings that the mortgage was included and the debt was discharged due to the bankrupcy. What kind of options do I have as far as making further payments to the mortgage company or not. Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 7 years ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  nathanmoorelaw replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

It is unlikely that the mortgage was discharged if you are still living in the house. The mortgage company will still have a security interest in your property and can still foreclose upon it.

I wouldn't trust just the credit reports. Call your attorney or the court clerk and get a copy of the discharge documents before you do anything else.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you additional questions. In the meantime, please be sure to click "Accept" so that I can get credit for responding to your question.

Thanks!
Nathan Moore