How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31662
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am about 200 dollars late on my car payment due to fees associated

Resolved Question:

I am about 200 dollars late on my car payment due to fees associated with late payments my payment is 577 with GMAC. I have filed chapter 7 bankruptcy and have not gone to court yet but want to reaffirm with GMAC and keep my truck. Do you think they will let me?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
So long as you have income to pay the debt, the lender should allow you to re-affirm the debt.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, i have income but my payment is not totally caught up will that have a bearing?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
You're not terribly delinquent, so it should not be a major factor. The lender has the right to refuse the reaffirmation. However, it would be much better off letting you pay than to wholesale the vehicle and have the balance discharged through your bankruptcy.

Roger and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you