Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am about 200 dollars late on my car payment due to fees associated

I am about 200 dollars late on my car payment due to fees associated with late payments my payment is 577 with GMAC. I have filed chapter 7 bankruptcy and have not gone to court yet but want to reaffirm with GMAC and keep my truck. Do you think they will let me?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
So long as you have income to pay the debt, the lender should allow you to re-affirm the debt.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, i have income but my payment is not totally caught up will that have a bearing?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
You're not terribly delinquent, so it should not be a major factor. The lender has the right to refuse the reaffirmation. However, it would be much better off letting you pay than to wholesale the vehicle and have the balance discharged through your bankruptcy.