Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

We live in the state of Oregon. My wife has over 100k in student

We live in the state of Oregon. My wife has over 100k in student loans, and she makes $ 1,200 per month. She is not able to pay the student loan, and we are not sure what to do. It is my understanding that it is very difficult to discharge student loans, and I am very concern about our financial future. All of our big assets are in my name, the house and the cars. What are the options?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
Having student loans discharged in bankruptcy is practically impossible. In my years of practice, I've never seen student loans discharged. However, it could be possible to have the debt reduced somewhat.