Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I have just qualified/had my TRUSTEE 341 meeting in court,

Customer Question

I have just qualified/had my TRUSTEE 341 meeting in court, on 12/28 (Bellngham, Wa). I own free/clear an, '04 - 40' Motorhome- a Holiday Rambler Class A diesel. I was led to believe, by my BR ATT Ms Marilyn Bird, that it would be "extempted" under the Wash. State Homestead Law (up-to 125,000.00). it is appraised ,this Dec., at ( 60,000.00, 68,000.00, and 89,000.00 - three sep. appraisals) I purchased in March '08 - it is/and has been (for 22 months) - my full time residence, since then, and I have no other real property. Do you know of any sucessful court cases allowing a motorhome as an exempted residece under the homestead acts ?? They allow "mobilehomes", why not "motorhomes" ?? My attorney is planning an "appeal" ---HELP -HELP, wher do i go fr back-up/ reasons to "allow" in front of the appeal judge !!!
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

After an exhaustive search I was unable to find case law to support your position. However, if you lose the appeal, consider withdrawing your bankruptcy petition or converting to a Chapter 13