socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

I need to file a Motion to Alter or Amend regarding a recent

I need to file a Motion to Alter or Amend regarding a recent BK Court (Los Angeles/Central District) "Order Granting Motion For Relief From The Automatic Stay," Under 11 U.S.C. $362 (Real Property). I have a new attorney..................please advise quickest way as I only have till Tuesday, 1/5/10. Thank you so much! FCS

I'm a little confused. What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this motion?

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your email and question.

After I filed Chapter 13 BK on 1/2/09, a lender foreclosed on my residential home in an unlawful and void sale (Automatic Stay Violation). This Violation is still in place and I am suing for any possible damages/losses/fees as per 362 (h), via a current Adversary Proceeding.

However, the "buyer" at this sale......................has just received an Automatic Stay Removal/Annulment.......................WOW!!

As per my reading of current law and research this buyer should have no legal or valid transfer of property title and should have NO subsequent value or ability to bring Motions/proceedings.

Further complications, is that I was not served properly or even aware of or in attendance at the Hearing for the Removal of Automatic Stay. My Chapter 13 attorney has had a serious health issue since August "09 and I have just been making Plan payments. The actual Confirmation has been delayed all along.

My goal is to file a Notice of Appeal and/or a Notice to Alter or Amend. The last date to file is actually, Tuesday, 1/5/10.

I am confident my current Appeal's attorney knows what to file and I am meeting with him (2nd meeting) on Monday to file required documents.

I wanted to get another expert's opinion as to best possible direction and course of action and documents needed.

Thank you again,

Frederick Struiksma

I assume that you are paying according to the plan and that there was no legal justification for the foreclosure.

If so, then the ordinary outcome of this is that the foreclosure sale is void ab initio (from the beginning), and the beneficiary and trustee would be in contempt. You would be entitled to actual and punitive damages including damages for emotional distress.

I'm frankly confounded by the court giving the buyer what you seems to imply as a free ticket to keep the property, because there's no legal precedent or argument to be made for that outcome.

I would move to set aside the buyer's order under Fed. R. Civ. Proc. 60 on grounds that the court's order is simply without precedent and can only be the result of a misunderstanding of the facts, because you were not provided effective notice of the hearing, and simultaneously move for contempt against the trust deed beneficiary.