socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

I owed mbna (Bank of America) 19000$ I got behind and they

I owed mbna (Bank of America) 19000$ I got behind and they sold the account to Mann Bracken debt collection. Ive been making payments on this account for the last 19 months, and have about half of it paid off. Mann Bracken has filed bankruptcy. What happens to my account now?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

Depending upon whether Mann Bracken is in Chapter 7 or 11, the account will either be sold to some other debt collector, or Mann will continue to collect on the account.

From your viewpoint as the debtor, nothing will change except perhaps the payee's identity.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.