TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

Are custodial investment accounts protected against cusodian

Are custodial investment accounts protected against cusodian bankruptcy?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Yes, the Bankruptcy Code specifically excludes assets that a party is holding in trust for another from the debtor’s bankruptcy estate. That means the assets are not affected by the bankruptcy.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.

If the information that I provided is helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that only an attorney licensed in your state is authorized to advise you in legal matters, and that the limitations of this setting may prevent your legal issues from being thoroughly addressed. Accordingly, please understand that (1) by answering your question(s) I am not acting as your attorney, (2) my answer(s) should be construed as general information only, and (3) our discussion is not an adequate substitute for an in-person consultation with an attorney.