socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

I am filling CH 7 bankruptcy, in Arizona and dont like some

I am filling CH 7 bankruptcy, in Arizona and dont like some of the things I am seeing. If I want to, how could I derail it?, when could I file again?. I have had a meeting of the creditors.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

If you have had a 341 meeting of creditors, then you are not "filing" bankruptcy -- you have already "filed."

You can ask the court to dismiss the bankruptcy for "cause," however, for Chapter 7, you must convince the court that the dismissal will not prejudice your creditors interests. Other grounds for dismissal would be failure to file papers as required by 11 USC 521 (e.g., tax returns).

After a dismissal, if you file Chapter 7 again within 12 months, the automatic stay will be lifted after 30 days, and your creditors can continue to attempt to collect against you.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.