I have huge credit card debt. I make alot of money also. All

Customer Question

I have huge credit card debt. I make alot of money also. All my bills are current. The credit card companies have raised the intrest rate to 25.99%. Can I declare bankruptcy?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 6 years ago.

You can declare bankruptcy. Depending on your asset base and how many of your assets are exempt from creditors...such as retirement accounts, will most likely get these credit card debts discharged. Also, as alternative to bankruptcy, if you simply stop paying them for a while, most all credit card companies are agreeing to settle these debts for substantial discounts.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.