WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I just filled chapter 13 bankruptcy on monday. I recieved a

I just filled chapter 13 bankruptcy on monday. I recieved a incomplete filling notice from the clerk. with out an extention if I do not turn in the documents it and the bankruptcy is dismissed. how soon can I file again? Or did I just blow my one shot at this?
you can file again at any time if it was not dismissed with prejudice, but if you received a notice, they should have identified what documents you are missing, you can go to the clerks office and file these documents before they dismiss it,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your answer, I was planning to refile in about a week when I am better prepared, I just wanted to know by filing and having it dismissed would there be a length of time required before filing again.
Be aware, that in the second filing the automatic stay does go into effect, but it terminates in 30 days unless you convice the court through a motion why the judge to extend the stay, this is usually done by having all the proper documents in hand
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you I am satisfied with your reply.

Can I ask you another question, for another fee same price relating to the original question?

yes