Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

What is the name of the document that tells if my rental house

Customer Question

What is the name of the document that tells if my rental house was reaffirmed or not in my backruptcy filing?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

There would be a re-affirmation agreement in the file if the debt was re-affirmed. However, it is possible to reaffirm even if there is no documentation if you can prove you've paid the note each month since entering bankruptcy and the lender has accepted it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

extra info

It is detrimental to me to figure before morning if I did or didn't reaffirm on this rental property facing foreclosure. All I have found online through the courts is a statement of intention, which states I will continue to make regular payments.

follow up question: Is this the re-affirmation page you were talking about or does it actually have to say those words.....if need be I can email it to you and pay your fee to look at it? It is one page

Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
If the agreement says you'll keep this debt and continue to pay, that is likely it.