Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Breach of Contract

Customer Question

I gave someone $15,000. to open a Medicaid Home Care Service for me. In that $15,000., she have listed all the services that she will perform to open my business and signed it. There was not legal contract except that piece of paper with her signature on it. She did not continue or fulfill her promise. Do I have a recourse to file a suit against her? Is there a possibility that I would be able to collect the money I paid her? What steps should I do next?

Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

You will want to retain an attorney and file a breach of contract action against the person. You appear to have a written contract. A piece of paper listing the services that she agreed to perform coupled with your payment appears to be a legal and binding contract. Good luck