socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

State of Texas Does a Texas LP comapny that is currently

Customer Question

State of Texas

Does a Texas LP comapny that is currently in Chapter 11, required to notify its customers of that fact, prior to engaging in performing services for that customer?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

The obtaining of credit from a new creditor without notice of an existing bankruptcy would probably suffice as evidence of fraud, and permit the creditor to sue for the active concealment of material facts, as well as request that the entire bankruptcy plan be dismissed.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.