Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I am filing charpter 7 I this will take me about 3 to 5 month

I am filing charpter 7 I this will take me about 3 to 5 month before the whole process is done, but I was wondering will I lose my tax refund because I am filing so lost to tax season?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
if you file it now the chanves are the trustee will not ask for the refund, however if the case goes into march and april the trustees will likely ask for the copy of your tax return and take the refund. You may want to file the bankruptcy before 2009
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I just submit all of the paper work to my attorney; I am not sure how long it would take before the case goes in. Do you think if my attorney has everything by the end of this week things will we done by then?