Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I received a B9A informing me that a Section 341 meeting was

I received a B9A informing me that a Section 341 meeting was being scheduled mid December and that I as a creditor had an option of attending. Included in that notice are dates for deadline to file a complaint objecting to discharge of the debtor and deadline to object to exemptions. Do I have to wait until after the conclusion of the meeting of the creditors or may I file now - ahead of the creditors meeting?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 6 years ago.
You can file an adversary objection to discharge at any time before the deadline to file the complaint.
The 341 meeting is to determine if there are any assets to distribute.
Most creditors that want to object often show up to the meeting to ask a question or two just to put the answers under oath, but this is not required. Good luck.