Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

My bankruptcy was fiiled a year ago after my divorce and I

My bankruptcy was fiiled a year ago after my divorce and I was granted ch 13 but it was converted to a 7 because my ex husband was not paying me the alimony he was supposed to pay me. Now it has been a year and the trustee is still holding it up and I cannot find out why? How can I find out, who do I ask and what could be the reason? Its been toooooo long, TY
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
If you had an attorney ask him, if not and the trustee converted the case himself, contact the trustee for the status, if all do not answer you go directly to the court house, and ask to review your file, and see if the case was converted and if and when the next court date is, the clerk of the court will have the entire file on record.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I called the attorney and the trustee, the trustee said she can not speak to me because I am not a lawyer. So who do I ask now what is going on?
go directly to the courthouse, they will give you the entire copy and current status of the case.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm trying to determine WHY, not that it is on hold?
the trustee may have filed a motion to have the conversion stayed or the judge may have put it on hold, you must go to the court and ask the clerk