WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Oregon Chapter 7. My domestic partner has announced his plans

Oregon Chapter 7. My domestic partner has announced his plans to 'move on' in the middle of my bankruptcy proceeding. If I allow discharge proceedings to become final will I have to forefeit an equitable split of his assets?
you should amend the filing so if the divorce proceeding takes place you can claim your assets you are entitled to, but also be aware debts are also equally divided, so if the debts are more than the assets, continue with an amendment
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you saying that if he petitions against me I will not be able to claim my share of his assets? Oregon law says six months from discharge date for marital settlements. Are you saying that I should not risk that he might sue me during this waiting period?
HE CAN'T SUE YOU IF YOU ARE IN A BANKRUPTCY CASE. ONLY AFTER THE DISCHARGE.