socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

When filing for personal ch 11 I have purchased and built

When filing for personal ch 11:
I have purchased and built My LLC own a property/spec house . LLC obtained a 2TD loan and I have used those funds for personal use. I also made a loan from those funds to 2nd member of LLC.At this point it is an outstanding loan to LLC. Do I need to report money paid from me to another member of LLC as thier liability to me or LLC? Are they described as an insiders ??
Please advice.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to this queston. I'm not sure why.

1. Do I need to report money paid from me to another member of LLC as thier liability to me or LLC?

A: To you, because you took personal possession of the funds and then loaned them to another person. The funds are those entirely a personal obligation to the borrower, and the income is personal to you.

2. Are they described as an insiders ??

A: If you mean "insider" for the purposes of bankruptcy law, then under 11 USC 101(31)(A)(iii), a general partner is an "insider." Since an LLC is an entity composed of partners, then it is likely that the 2nd member is an "insider" for purposes of the bankruptcy code.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.