Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

I filed personal bankruptcy on 09/1997. 12 yrs ago. One of

I filed personal bankruptcy on 09/1997. 12 yrs ago. One of my creditors was American Express and American Exress Centurion (Gold gard). Is it possible or a would it be ok to try to get another credit card from them without retalition and would they deny me since I filed against them? I am better financially and do have 100K in savings..
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.

Yes, you should be able to get another card from them as they typically look at your current income and credit standing to make a decsion about granting you a card.

Please click "Accept" so that I can get credit for this answer. We can continue our conversation after that at no additional charge.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Will they notice or question me about my banruptcy? I would like to avoid what can be an embarrasing question and If i realy need their assistance, I would like them to give me a %100 effort as a client in good standing
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.
There is a chance that they may question you about the bankruptcy, yes. However, there is no way to predict either way until you apply. In any case there is nothing to be embarrassed about as bankruptcy is common place in these times and the creditors are used to seeing that all the time.