Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.

What are the domicile requirements in filing for Bankruptcky

What are the domicile requirements in filing for Bankruptcky in TN for a Delaware corp doing business in CA?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

The Corp had to be registered in TN for 6 months and in the specific county of file for 90 days for jurisdiction to apply. Regardless of what state you file, creditors from ALL states will get notice of bankruptcy and will be under the court's jurisdiction. So if you file in TN, your CA creditors will still be under the court's rules, and any other creditors located in any other states.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work.

Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if and I would be happy to answer any and all of the follow up questions.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”