Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I have an appeals hearing tomorrow concerning a judgment in

I have an appeals hearing tomorrow concerning a judgment in favor of Citi for a personal loan. I believe that the manager at Citi defrauded me by applying all over payments to interest rather than the balance. My scheduled payment was 338.00/mnth out of 12 months I paid 400.00 in 10. I received a letter stating I was almost 2 months ahead and could take the time off with no payment. I decided to because it was close to Christmas;I skipped Nov. A few weeks later the local branch began harassing me and asking me to refinance because I was 771.00 behind in interest. I called corporate, they said no way, but we cant help has to be local branch. Local told me they did not apply all overs to interest, later found out the did. No way I should owe interest. I believe the Magis judge was with me, but could not prove that day. I am worried if I lose tomorrow if they can do a Fieri Facia, same day or if I have time to file bankruptcy, I am going to file anyhow and I though about vol dismissing?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

If you do not prevail, you will typically have sufficient time to file a bankruptcy. Although it is possible that a writ could be issued the same day as the appeal is denied, it would be almost impossible logistically for a writ to be issued and executed the same day as the appeal denied.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What will happen if I do not show for the appeals hearing?
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

A judgment would be entered against you. It would typically be discharged in your Chapter 7 bankruptcy.