Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

I worked for a company that was affiliated with Taylor, Bean

I worked for a company that was affiliated with Taylor, Bean & Whitaker. SecurityOne Valuation Services. The company had to close because of the TBW problems, but I was asked to finalize company business for an additional month. I received my first paycheck as normal after the initial layoff of all of the employees, but then the FDIC closed Platinum Community Bank, which held all of SecurityOne's moneys. Platinum Community Bank was closed down on September 4, 2009. At that time the FDIC froze the bank account for SecurityOne. There were four employees that were working for SecurityOne. We have not received our last two weeks of pay, because the FDIC froze the bank account. Is there anything that I can or should do?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.

You best options is to use the FLA statue cited below to your advantage:

448.08 Attorney's fees for successful litigants in actions for unpaid wages.--The court may award to the prevailing party in an action for unpaid wages costs of the action and a reasonable attorney's fee.

So you should contact an employment / labor law attorney who can use the fee shifting statute as leverage and make a demand for immediate payment.

Please click "Accept" so that I can get credit for this answer. We can continue our conversation after that at no additional charge.