Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Ive lived in colorado for 5 and 1/2 years now.my prior address

Ive lived in colorado for 5 and 1/2 years now.my prior address was in NJ. a collector sent me papers to answer to the court for judgement on a discover card balance that appears to be charged off/written off 1/2005. form what I read on the colorado attorney general website the statute of limitations is 3 years in colorado. 6 years in NJ. I've been looking for days at diffrent websites concerning SoL info and its so confusing some say colorado is 6 years some 3 years.am I under Colorado law or NJ law?If the SoL is 3 years in colorado can I file that as my answer to the court paper I have?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

You should raise the Colorado SOL as a defense in the lawsuit. It will be up to the plaintiff to convince the court that the CO law should not apply.