Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

have filed banckruptzy a laywer in nc is holding funds that

have filed banckruptzy a laywer in nc is holding funds that was released to me how can i force him to release these. should i go back to the federal bankruptzy court or to the nc bar
Why is he holding funds? Who is the lawyer, the trustee in your bankruptcy case? Or is it a creditors attorney?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the funds come from a land sale in NC i filed bankrupcy on this attorney who has these funds in a trust they was supposed to be released to me according the procedings of the bankruptcy this attorney used to be a freind of mine until we had a falling out and he has no legal rights to hold this from me anymore so i was wondering how to proceed thanks for any help you can give

If you disclosed them in the bankrutpcy case, you will need to file a turnover motion in the bankruptcy case. If you are entitled to the funds, and they are holding the funds in violation of the automatic stay, then the court will order them turned over to you if the attorney does not hold a valid security interest.