Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Live In MA-Filing Chapter 7-Credit cards only-keeping house,cars,joint

Live In MA-Filing Chapter 7-Credit cards only-keeping house,cars,joint with wife.Straightforward--Once I have fully paid attorney and handed over paperwork,how long should it take before I get a Case#?..In otherwords how long should it take for him to prepare my petition and file, and for me to get official notification of some sort?..Thanks

Filing a petition is essentially filling out forms, so it should not take more than a few days to put the petition together; the petition can be filed online. Thus, it should not take very long.

The intangible factor is how long it will be before your attorney can get to the filing.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>Thanks,Adam..Handed balance of payment over 9/17(check)...Taking into consideration that he's a one man show with part time secretary and I would assume other cases and court appearances,I guess he's probably a bit busy. He is established-Also there were a couple of Jewish holidays which he would have observed.</p><p> </p><p>One question before I accept.Once he files online.does he get an immediate response from court?...Thank again,xxx</p>

Once the petition is filed, a cause number will be issued and the case will be opened.