Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I AM HAVING A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH WELLS FARGO NA. THEY WILL

I AM HAVING A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH WELLS FARGO NA. THEY WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO ACCESS MY MORTAGE ACCOUNT ON LINE. NO MATTER WHO I CALL NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHY. MY HUSBAND AND I JUST PAID OFF A BANKRUPTCY AND ARE NOW CURRENT WITH OUR MORTGAGE, IN FACT WE SHOULD HAVE EXTRA MONEY IN OUR SUSPENSION ACCOUNT. WE WANT TO KNOW HOW OUR MONEY IS BEING APPLIED. I WAS JUST TOLD BY THE BANKRUPTCY DEPARTMENT THAT WE REQUESTED A MODIFICATION AND THAT IS WHY THE ACCOUNT IS OFF-LINE. SINCE I HAVE FOUND THAT WELLS FARGO IS A VERY DISHONEST BANK AND THEIR PRACTICES ARE WAY BELOW ANT MORAL STANDARDS, I DON'T BELIEVE A THING THEY SAY. I THINK THAT LEGALLY THEY CANNOT JUST CUT ME OFF FROM GETTING INFORMATION ABOUT MY MORTGAGE ACCOUNT. I WANT TO FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM AND FIND OUT WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE THEM COMPLY. IF THIS MODIFICATION GOES ON FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS, I WILL NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY ACCOUNT.

THANK YOU FOR ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN GIVE ME.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
Loan Modifications does take time. You should send a written request by certified mail of the breakdown of the account, including a payment history. You should continue to send certified payments, and hold onto your receipts. While loan modifications are not mandatory, they are becoming more commonplace. It may be true that your account has been bouncing arround because you went from bankruptcy right to loan modification. Since you are not happy with them, you may consider refinancing with a whole new lender as opposed to staying with Wells Fargo. Perhaps to speed up getting the information, you can contact your bankruptcy attorney to see if they can order a payment history thru Wells Fargo's bankruptcy attorney. That might help cut thru the red tape. If you have proof of all payments since the bankruptcy case was filed, you will be in good shape. Unless you are being billed late fees and interest, suing them wouldn't accomplish much since you have little to no actual monetary damages at this point, just frustration and stress. good luck to you.