Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I paid off a Chapter 13 early after 5 years on Aug 10 2009.

Customer Question

I paid off a Chapter 13 early after 5 years on Aug 10 2009. THe Trustee allowed my sister to give me the money and according to them it is paid off from that date. However they said it could take months before the actual final papers are completed NY
I have a home that I purchased in 1990 for $65K, the market here is bad and I could only find one buyer at $28K in August of 2009 and I owed close to $20K in Taxes and penalties. She told me I couldnt sell this without pre approval from the Court. So I didnt close then and waited since it takes 4- 6 weeks to get approval. I instead paid the Bankruptcy off on 8/12/09 and then closed on this sale on 9/18/09. SHe told me that she is going to make sure the Bankruptcy Court throws out my case and will have all my Creditors come after me for the full amount of what was originally owed. THIS FROM MY OWN ATTORNEY?? I dont know why she is so vindictive. It is paid off, Can she do this to me? I have been in close contact with the Trustees office.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

I have reviewed the two previous questions that you asked, and I find that the information in each case, seems quite comprehensive. I doubt that anyone here will risk answering your question, until you show some appreciation for the prior answers you have received.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well the addage is true You get what you pay for. Thank you