TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I have a contract with United law group and I keep getting

I have a contract with United law group and I keep getting hassled by the debtor's on my credit cards.
They are telling me that united etc..is a rip off and I am being con'd. I cannot find that the Group is anything other then what it is but the BBB.org has about 13 complaints on the group.
However that does not seem very many to me.
I would think that the atty gen. of Calif. would be after them by now if they were bad. They have all my money and I have doubts.
Is there anywhere else to check and or do you have knowledge of the group??

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Question: “Is there anywhere else to check and or do you have knowledge of the group??”

Answer: United Law Group appears to be a law firm. Therefore, the lawyers have very serious responsibilities to their clients. In fact, a lawyer’s obligations are much greater than a non-lawyer’s obligations. Conduct which may be slightly unscrupulous, but not illegal, would be okay for a non-lawyer. However, a lawyer may be in violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct. A violation of those rules can result in disciplinary action by the lawyer’s State Bar.

What does all of this mean? First, it means that United Law Group is probably more trustworthy than ordinary businesses. Second, it means that you can conduct a search for any disciplinary action against the attorneys in the States where they practice.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.

.

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that only an attorney licensed in your state is authorized to advise you in legal matters, and that the limitations of this setting may prevent your legal issues from being thoroughly addressed. Accordingly, please understand that (1) by answering your question(s) I am not acting as your attorney, (2) my answer(s) should be construed as general information only, and (3) our discussion is not an adequate substitute for an in-person consultation with an attorney.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Have you any personel knowlege of the group and I have check with the State bar and their was a displ. action against one partner in aug 09, but I cannot find the results of the action and it seems he is no longer on the website as a member of the group.

We confusing to say the least, I have given them the last of our funds.

No, I have no personal knowledge of the firm. But if there was only one disciplinary action, and the offending partner is not even with the firm anymore, then it sounds like there's probably not much to worry about. However, it may be prudent to contact the firm and speak to another partner about the former partner and the disciplinary action. Tell him your concerns and ask for more details.

.