FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Banruptcy -- I have three ongoing Chapter 11 case, My question

Banruptcy -- I have three ongoing Chapter 11 case, My question is if the Judge residing over my cases is named in a Adverser Proceeding of Mine in one case. Also the Proceeding is very sound and not frivilous. Does the Judge have to disqualify himself for all my cases?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 4 years ago.

YES. The judge should automatically recuse himself due to conflict of interest and personal involvement. If he does not, you will need to file a motion to request that he recuses himself.
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience: Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<p>The Judge did not recuse himself and I (I being Myself and The Unsecured Crediotrs) did file a motion requesting he recuse. </p><p> </p><p>However in my motion I said he must and if he did not I will file and application to the District court for a "Wirt of Mandamus"</p><p> </p><p>Infact see the text below which I included in my Motion as the finaly comment. Well that must of upset the Judge and he pratically taunted me in court, saying I am not responding to your motion go ahead and file your "Writ of Mandamus " and see what Happens!   My question is is there any other inforcement or oversight agency I could get involved, or a quicker way to force him to recurse. Ffiling the writ application is going to take a while.   check out the case if you like xxx it is one of several with assets in the millions.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>"As a result and in the event of your non-cooperation the UC have joined the Debtor in submitting an application to the Honorable Judge xxx xxx, for a Writ of Mandamus to compel your Honor's recusal and the US Trustee to provide the unsecured creditors class their rights under the law in a Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 case"</p>

You can report the judge to the Commission on Judicial Conduct - click here.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I Think the Commission on Judicial Conduct is State Courts, This is federal court. I wonder how long a complaint take to process.

You are correct. Here is the proper link - click here.

I do not know how long a complaint would take.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok Thanks I will give it a try.

Just one more follow up, How could I find the most agressive debtor attonrey. That specializes in coming in and breaking up the tight relationships that develop in these smaller bankrupcy courts over the years.

I always seem to be on the outside of the club and I am being persued by a single creditor that of course is a club member.

They would have to be some distance from my area and probally not care to come back.

Do they have publications were Bankruptcy attorneys discuss situations etc? were I could see who might be fit the bill.

Consider retaining a bankruptcy attorney that is also a bankruptcy trustee in a local bankruptcy court.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Did I pay for these last Questions ? ( yesterday)

No you did not. Thanks for checking.
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have another question, Not sure if I sould use reply or statrt a new questions?

Can a Bankruptcy Judge dismiss a chapter 11 case at a hearing, from the Bench in a Verbal order without any mention to when the order can be executed(ie Immediate or under rule 62 after 10 days stay). Also the Judge has no intention to file a written order to memorialize the verbal order.

Thereby creditors just after the Hearing start executing state court remedies, such as order to show cause etc.

sorry to hear you are still having problems. Unfortunately a Judge can dismiss a bankruptcy at a hearing with a verbal order. If the judge did not specify the effective date of the order it is immediate.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was looking at rule 62 federal law, it is a automatic 10 days stay on Judgments and I beleve orders unless order other wise

.

Do you think this would apply ?

I don't think rule 62 applies. The bankruptcy rules of procedure govern. Here is the link:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frbp/rules.htm

FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks sorry for the delay I have been busy fighting the wolves