socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

In a Chapter 7 case, when the mailing address of the debtor

In a Chapter 7 case, when the mailing address of the debtor is changed, I understand that he is required to file a change of address. Is he also required to file a change of address if he only changed his residential address? When a change of address is filed, is any other information/materials in addition to the Notice of Change of Address required to be sent to his creditor(s)? Thank you!
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Fed. R. Bankr. Proc. 4002(a)(5) "In addition to performing other duties prescribed by the Code and rules, the debtor shall:...file a statement of any change of the debtor's address."

No additional service is required, and there is no particular rule that requires more than an address where the debtor can receive correspondence/notice from the court, trustee, creditors and other interested parties.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. When filing a change of address, the debtor/debtor's attorney needs to mail the completed Notice of Change of Address to all creditors. Is there anything else that is also required to be mailed to the creditors for the address change please? Thank you!

Nothing else of which I'm aware.