WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

My daughter and son in law have been taking care of an elderly

My daughter and son in law have been taking care of an elderly gentleman in kansas for about 7 yrs. he recently went on hospice and they have been with him 24/7 for 3 months. Originally they were told they could buy his home for $1.00. my question is his sons name is XXXXX XXXXX deed and he has agreed to this but because his father filed bankruptcy 5 yrs ago he 's not for sure he can let them take possesion of the property after his father passes. what are the laws to this?
IF THE HOUSE IS IN THE SONS NAME, HE IS THE OWNER, CHECK BY RUNNING A TITLE SEARCH TO THE SEE THE LIENS OR JUDGMENTS ON THE PROPERTY, IF IT IS CLEAR, HAVE THE DEED TRANSFERRED TO YOU ASAP.

ALSO, A BANKRUPTCY FILED 5 YEARS AGO IS NO ISSUE, UNLESS IT WAS A CHAPTER 13, BUT IN THAT CASE, THE HOME REMAINS THEIRS, ALSO IT THE BANKRUPTCY WAS AN ISSUE THE HOUSE WOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD LONG TIME AGO.