Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

I hired a lawyer to handle my bankruptcy chapter 7. Its been

I hired a lawyer to handle my bankruptcy chapter 7. Its been two months since he indicated the paper work I submitted is complete. I have made calls and left messages for up to 3-4 days at a time before he returns my call.   

Now I have more issues, because I cannot ask him questions in a timely manner and doesnt seem concerned with my need to responde or follow up to where the case is.

Im feeling that I have either been scammed or are a victum of, "I got your money", now you can just wait until I get around to it" type of process.

What can I do? Is there legal action or somthing I can take to recover the fee's I have paid him and/or force him to do his job? Is this a common problem people have.. I hear others have started/completed the chapter 7 process in 4-6 weeks and I dont even know where my case sits after almost 3 months now. I dont want to start all over again with this process, but may have to. What would be my next step in this matter?
Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, what you need to do is send him a certified letter with return receipt stating:

1) what efforts you have made to contact him;

2) his failure to respond to thoses;

3) that he needs to give you a written status report on the bankruptcy and let you know when he anticipates it will be discharged;

4) that his written response needs to be deliverd to you within 7 days of his office receiving your letter;

5) that if he is not willing to comply with this and future requests for information that you should receive a refund so you can hire another lawyer;

6) and finally, a failur on his part to comply with this request and all future request will leave you with no choice but to report him to the State Bar with a grievance.