Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I had small bussines. Was leasing the shop for 5 years. Last

Customer Question

I had small bussines. Was leasing the shop for 5 years. Last year in November I brich the lease contract and surender lease.
Now the owner sue me for contract brich.
I am thinking of going bankrupt.
I does not have Judgment jet, but it is coming by the end of the year.
Does chapter 7 disregard the Judgement, and when I should file bankruptcy before or after judgement?
Thanks for your advice.
My name isXXXXX Ph. XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
Your contract obligation or judgment in the amount of the breach can be discharged through the bankruptcy.

It really makes no difference whether you wait for a judgment or not before filing.

Roger, Attorney
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Expert:  JoeLawyer replied 7 years ago.
I agree with Mr. Kirk.

Please do not accept my answer, I am just expressing my agreement.

LEGAL NOTICE: I am only licensed to practice law in certain state(s) and I cannot give legal advice to someone who does not reside in a state in which I am licensed, nor shall anything I say in the above answer or elsewhere on this site be deemed legal advice, even to someone who resides in a state in which I am licensed. Fees I receive for answering questions are paid for information, not for legal advice. This forum is designed to provide general information only, and information herein is not warranted to be correct or applicable in any way since laws may have been misinterpreted herein, since laws change from time to time, and since the impact of those laws on any particular situation varies. The information presented in this site shall not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek independent legal counsel in their jurisdiction for guidance regarding their individual circumstances. Do not take any action or inaction based on information presented herein since it is informational and may not be accurate or applicable to you; it merely attempts to give you a basis of knowledge to help you formulate questions to ask a legal or other professional in a face-to-face meeting in your jurisdiction. Joseph Ross does not hold himself out to be a specialist or expert in any area, regardless of assertions made by any third party, and any implication of being an expert or specialist herein is made in error. I hope the information presented above is useful to you. Answer above is (c) Joseph Ross. All rights reserved.