Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

Anybody near Wi Racine 53406 That will handle a chapter 13

Customer Question

Anybody near Wi Racine 53406 That will handle a chapter 13 bankruptcy for me. Everyone wants $3K up front. I get a gov check
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately, since this is your second case, there is additional work that needs to be done on the second case to extend your automatic stay protection. Unfortunately, 2nd cases fail more times than not, so the attorney will want to be sure they will be paid, and often require more up front than a first time filing.   You can contact the better business bureau, you can call the court for a list of bankruptcy attorneys, you can go to bankruptcy court and talk with a debtor's attorney after the court call, or else you can google bankruptcy attorney in your area to get a list. Many offer to do cases for just a partial amount up front, and you can usually shop one offer around to the next to see if they can beat that offer. Unfortunately it sounds like it will be an uphill battle since you are on fixed income at this point.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will be getting more income in. I know it could be a pain. Same judge he told me to get an attorney . He is supposed to be the farest one
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Need someone in Milwaukee wi.