Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

A truck driving school in Indiana claims my husband owes them

Customer Question

A truck driving school in Indiana claims my husband owes them for the school and lots of other fees equaling about $8,000 because he didn't complete a year of working for a particular company. He was told he'd earn at least $800/wk after attending this school and then working for this particular company, but instead he made about $350/wk. He left the company in 2004, so the "debt" is over 5 years old at this point. They found him here in Kansas and sent (via USPS) him a summons to appear in an Indiana court on 8/18 - which is impossible. We need to have a continuance issued while we figure out how to fight this, but cannot reach the referral services listed in the summons paperwork. Assuming we need an Indiana attorney, we don't know where to turn. If they garnish his wages, it will kill us financially, as we have struggled to get on our feet after 5 years of little to no work living in Michigan. (He went to the school in Indiana while we lived in Michigan)
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.
Please state which specific question you want answered for the fee you are posting.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. I apologize as I have a consultation scheduled now with an attorney and will probably get my answers there.
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.
Okay, if not, just write us back.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much. I will indeed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.