WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

My wife recently filled banckrupcy and it was granted by the

Customer Question

My wife recently filled banckrupcy and it was granted by the trustee, we are still in our house and are recieving monthly statements from our morgage company. Should we tell them? Shouldn't they already know they werer filled in our schedules. How much time could we still have there the discharge was Sept. 08
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
DO NOT TELL THEM, THEY WOULD HAVE RECEIVED A NOTICE BY THE TRUSTEE, ALSO IF THE TRUSTEE ORDERED A SALE OF THE HOME IT MAY TAKE A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF TIME.

YOU CAN TRY TO MAKE AN OFFER TO BUY THE HOME FROM THE BANK, BUT THEY MAY TAKE THEIR CHANCES AT AN AUCTION, WHERE YOU COULD BID ALSO AND BUY IT BACK.