socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

I m filing for chapter7 bankruptcy inCalifornia,I m current

I m filing for chapter7 bankruptcy inCalifornia,I m current on my rent payment,and do not want my landlord to find out about BK.On voluntary petition form there is a Certification by a Deptor Who Resides as a Tenant of Residential Property(check all aplicable boxes) my question is,can I live boxes unchecked,and just type "N/A"or one of the boxes Required to be checked,my rent is month to month,No lease.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

That would be a fraud on the court and it could lead to the court dismissing your entire bankruptcy. You must list all of your creditors -- unless you simply forget due to inadvertance. However, it would be hard to claim inadvertance, when the schedule expressly requests info about your status as a tenant.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.