socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

what will happen now that i recieved a relief from stay and

what will happen now that i recieved a relief from stay and to abandon real estate? at first my trustee did not accepted the plan because debt came in over what was submitted. mean while i didget behind on payments and lawyer did an updated plan where my payments would go up on the last 12 months of chapter 13 to cover rearage i thought. last month i was told that everything was good through june and then i got this motion of stay and to abandon the real estate and opportunity to object. what happens now
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

The lender doesn't like the plan and wants to foreclose on the property. You will have to show that your plan is reasonable and likely to pay the mortgage, albeit according to a substitute payment plan.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what do you mean a substitute payment plan
To the extent that your Ch. 13 plan calls for payments on the mortgage different than was originally agreed to between yourself and the lender -- that is a "substitute payment plan."