Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

Im filing Chapter 7 in Hawaii but most of my info is in CA.

Customer Question

I'm filing Chapter 7 in Hawaii but most of my info is in CA. I have been in Hawaii for the required 180 days. I went on line and got copies of my credit report. The credit reports truncate the account number. Obviously the entire number would be best but I don't have access to them. Will the truncated number be enough or will I need to have the full account number? If not what's the best way to acquire the original number
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.
Usually you only need to have the creditors' names, addresses and the last 4 digits of the account numbers. Please click "ACCEPT" so I can get credit for my work. If needed, we can continue our conversation after this at no additional charge.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you.
I have another question. What is the process?
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.
The best way for you to do this with out an attorney and cost effectively is to go to the local book store and get a book titled "How to file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" put out by the Nolo Press for about 20 bucks. It will have the forms and will walk you through the steps one by one.