TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Will the court know how many bank accounts a person has

Will the court know how many bank accounts a person has ? Say a person has two accounts and only puts one on the bankruptcy.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Question: “Will the court know how many bank accounts a person has ? Say a person has two accounts and only puts one on the bankruptcy.”

Answer: There is a good chance the bankruptcy trustee and court will find out after a review of various financial records. Even if you got away with it initially, your discharge would be reversed if you were ever discovered, and you would also face criminal liability (possibly jail time).

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.

If the information that I provided was helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!

.

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that only an attorney licensed in your state is authorized to advise you in legal matters, and that the limitations of this setting may prevent your legal issues from being thoroughly addressed. Accordingly, please understand that (1) by answering your question(s) I am not acting as your attorney, (2) my answer(s) should be construed as general information only, and (3) our discussion is not an adequate substitute for an in-person consultation with an attorney.