How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31527
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Florida and I would like to file bankruptcy. I baught

Resolved Question:

I live in Florida and I would like to file bankruptcy. I baught a house last year with my son, but I do not want to lose the house. I want to keep paying for the house. I also have a car which is not worth the price I am paying for right now, but I have 21 more payments to go. The question is if I go through with the bankruptcy will they take away my house. The 2nd part of the question is, is there a way to reduce the payment where I will only pay the blue book value and not what I owe on it.
Rahila Bashir
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

You can keep the horse by entering into a re-affirmation agreement with the creditor. This would be the same process for the car, if you want to keep it. However, getting a reduction in the loan amount, you'll just have to negotiate with the lender.

Roger and 3 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you